– Drawings and photographs of the garden.
– Wet felting pieces made from selecting parts of a photograph with a viewfinder.
– Research trip to Bluebell Hill woods and Cobtree Park. Photographs (including macro) and drawings.
– Drawing form observation using pencil/black fineliner. Hand stitching and/or machine stitching into card and appliqué using remnant fabrics. Sania Pell (see Resources)
– Close up drawings made from selecting parts of a photograph with a viewfinder.
– Tracing drawings and reflecting/repeating to make a pattern using Photoshop.
– Creating digital patterns with the addition of colour using Photoshop. Alexander McQueen, Sarah Arnett. Experiment with the kaleidoscope effect (see Resources). Choose three final patterns and overlay onto dress illustrations.
– Experiment with drawn printed patterns; ripping, cutting, copying and overlaying to create texture.
– Make a piece of jewellery using free machine embroidery using Aquafilm. Designs should be based on student’s own drawings. Consider line, shape and colour. (See Resources)
– Screen printing workshop